Thursday 2 July 2009

BROTHERLY LOVE

Where were you last night? Where were you when it mattered? Where were you when Little Brother came to town and showed us how to get down?

Jazz Cafe, Camden, sold out, Shay hooked mans up with a runaway ticket cause my boy had his car a little beat up and got stuck in his sticks and couldn't make it. I know I said I wouldn't say nothing on the blog but gosh, its such a sad story I had no choice.

LB came through to London last night to say happy born day to Spin Doctor (who btw was blessing us nicely on the wax). There was a support act on before they came on which I managed to catch the last few tracks from. To be honest they weren't really saying a lot and the fact they didn't know (and asked the crowd) what the capital of Hong Kong [there isn't one, its a part of China now and isn't its own country] or Bangkok [it IS the capital of Thailand] was, was not a good look for black people. A bit like when a white bredrin asked me, 'what's the capital of Africa?', waste! (Btw that actually happened, they'll probably be a bit miffed cause I told em I wouldn't out that story again for kicks, but it had to be done).

LB stormed through their big ones, did the (now obligatory) MJ tribute which turned out to be a lot less cheesy and more genuine then other's I have witnessed over the past few days. I was looking down from upstairs (obviously) and I have to say, for a duo who know they already got the love from the crowd, they do work hard to keep the energy flowing. It was super hot in there, I was sweating out like, and they, well, they did not stop moving and jumping and showing my how unfit I was, cheers. Now when Madlib came to Fabric not long ago, everyone was saying how he was too self-indulgent and it put them off the show. LB on the other hand make it always about the music and are on no 'I'm the big boy' flexes. Nice!

They are off around Europe for a bit and then I think they are back in the State's for some studio sessions and album promotional thingamajigs.

If you managed to get a freebie or a signed album on the night, congrats to you, but watch your back, yeh.

1 comment: